|Essentially, the capacity for Washington Dulles will enable the region to sustain its position as the crucible for tomorrow's world, and to become the nation's leading commercial and financial center, as well as its political capital.
All of the following rewards can be directly impacted through the time and effort put forth by the WATF:
In the end, it all adds up to the enhanced competitiveness for our region as a business location and as an attractive place to live, work and raise a family!
- Increased high-end tourism for the travel industry.
- Increased revenue from existing airport taxes for state and local government.
- Increased employment, leading to:
- Commercial real estate opportunities
- Increased demand for housing
- Increased service, shorter journey times and lower transportation costs for businesses and residents.
- Increased regional competitiveness as a business location.
- Increased retail sales, from automobiles to fast food.
- Expanding opportunities for financial, banking and health care services.
- For the public and private sectors, opportunities to solve transportation problems and get things done!