Welcome to the WATF
The Washington Airports Task Force (WATF) is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization that advocates for expanding and enhancing aviation services in Virginia and the National Capital Region. WATF is the only organization whose mission is to support our Virginia airports and its users, including passenger and cargo airlines, corporate and general aviation and others who benefit directly or indirectly from airport operations. WATF is focused on positioning Washington Dulles International Airport (Dulles) for continued growth while sustaining the gains already made and supporting Reagan National Airport (National) in a changing air transportation environment.
- 55-member Board of Directors comprised of the region’s and Virginia state business leaders who recognize both Dulles and National as economic engines that fuel our regional, Northern Virginia and Virginia economies.
- Dedicated staff of four professionals with a background in airport operations, community development, and marketing.
- Administers Foreign Trade Zone #137, which serves the Dulles region by providing a competitive advantage, by way of savings on Customs duties, for companies with locations on U.S. soil.
- Serves as convening force for consumer, civic, and economic interests in a region where growth is directly tied to the success of our airports.
- Has a history of taking on hard to solve issues for the benefit of our airports and stakeholders.